The aim of this school is to educate, elevate and entertain through the universal language of dance, Bharata Natyam. Students entering the school are taught basic body movements, Hindu mythology, Indian classical music, Indian Language. The aim is to create a performing artiste out of every student who joins the school. This entails not only learning body movements but also the techniques of stage craft, developing a stage personality and self confidence and ultimately becoming a dance persona.
Our classical arts have a sacred element and so there are expectations in learning a classical art. Successful students have demonstrated the following and reached graduation called Arangetram.
- Families are expected to come with an open mind to classical Indian dance.
- Families are expected to treat dance as a serious form of education which must come second in their list of priorities, school being the first.
- Families are expected to be able to meet the financial obligations that dance requires.
- Families are expected to get involved in their child’s activities.
- Families are expected to show support to the school and attend all of the school’s functions.
- A deep and abiding devotion to Hindu Philosophy, religion and respect for the classical arts and tradition is required.
- Commitment, hard-work and dedication are required.